Any activity where your child has to follow instructions and complete tasks independently is beneficial to the development of the child's Executive Functioning. Here are two of our favorite recipes to use with kids at Play Works!
¼ teaspoons Borax
¼ cup hot water
⅓ cups glue
(roughly) ⅔ cup shaving cream
1. Put one ¼ teaspoons of Borax in small bowl
2. Put ¼ cups of warm water in small bowl with Borax and mix.
3. Add 4 drops of food coloring to small bowl
4. Pour ⅓ cup of glue into red bowl
5. Pour ⅔ cup shaving cream into bowl with glue and mix.
6. Slowly add Borax to glue and shaving cream. Mix with hands until firm and no longer sticky.
7. P L A Y !