Play Works Children’s Therapies is a multidisciplinary pediatric therapy practice rooted in the Hood River community, where we are committed to helping children and their families make real change in real time. Play Works provides Speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, feeding therapy/nutrition services and ABA for children ages 0 - 18 years.
The Medical Billing & Accounts Receivable Specialist supports medical staff including physical, occupational, speech, and behavioral health therapists. The role requires an outgoing and compassionate administrative professional who is detail-oriented, responsible, dependable, efficient and has the ability to multi-task while remaining courteous, informative, and empathetic towards patients.
To be considered at the highest level of pay and responsibility on Day 1, you will have two plus years of experience in a similar position in a medical setting and a thorough understanding of medical accounts receivable, billing, insurance verification and authorization, collections, payment posting, revenue cycle, and third-party payers.
If you do not have experience in a medical setting but do have a strong background in business and a working knowledge of basic accounting principles, and are interested in gaining new experience and adept to learning on the job, we encourage you to apply.
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
- Plans and directs patient insurance documentation, billing and collections, and data processing to ensure accurate billing and efficient account collection.
- Analyzes billing and claims for accuracy and completeness. Submit claims to proper insurance entities and follow up on any issues.
- Maintains contacts with other departments to obtain and analyze additional patient information to document and process billings.
- Prepares and analyzes accounts receivable reports, weekly and monthly financial reports, and insurance contracts in concert with the Practice Administrator.
- Audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of the revenue cycle (billing and collections operations)
- Ensures that the activities of the billing operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and compliant with Federal, State, and payer regulations, guidelines, and requirements. Analyzes trends impacting charges, coding, collection, and accounts receivable and take appropriate action to revise policies and procedures.
- Understands and remains updated with current medical accounts receivable and billing regulations and compliance requirements.
- Maintains working knowledge of all health information management issues such as HIPAA and all health regulation
$18.50 - $22.00 per hour
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Self Motivated, Flexible, Detail oriented
- Professional Communication
- Ability to Give and Receive Feedback
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Superior Organization Skills and Ability to Self Manage
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Matching
- Paid Holidays
- CEU Reimbursement
- Wellness Benefit
- Team Building Events
This is NOT a remote position