Financial Assistance Programs

At Play Works, we never want finances to be the reason you can't keep receiving services. Below is a list of financial assistance programs we've found for you to help pay medical bills and expenses related to your child's diagnosis.

Pediatric Assistance Fund

Assistance with prescription drug or biologic therapies, devices or other treatment cost shares related to various diseases - including Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, General Anxiety Disorder, ADHD, and more.

United Healthcare Children's Foundation

UHCCF’s mission is to help fill the gap between what medical services/items a child needs and what their commercial health benefit plan will pay for. UHCCF grants provide financial help/assistance for families with children that have medical needs not covered or not fully covered by their commercial health insurance plan. The amount awarded to an individual within a 12-month period is limited to up to $5,000. Awards to any one individual are limited to a lifetime maximum of $10,000.

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for Children

Children under age 18 can get SSI if they meet Social Security's definition of disability for children and there are limited income and resources in the household.

Wheel to Walk Foundation

Serving families in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, Wheel to Walk Foundation is a non-profit organization that helps children with disabilities, 20 years and younger, obtain medical & adaptive equipment or therapy services not provided by insurance.

Examples of items they purchase:

  • adaptive car seats
  • adaptive strollers
  • gait trainers
  • orthotics
  • patient lifts
  • pumper cars
  • therapy tricycles
  • therapies: physical/speech/vision
  • And more!